2012/12/31

Met with NASA Mars Mission Expert, Dr.嚴正

Curiosity Rover's Self Portrait at 'John Klein' Drilling Site
This self-portrait of NASA's Mars rover Curiosity combines 66 exposures taken by the rover's Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) during the 177th Martian day, or sol, of Curiosity's work on Mars (Feb. 3, 2013).





In the end of 2012, I had a wonderful opportunity to attend a scientific lecture which shared by NASA JPL Mars Mission Expert, Dr. Jeng Yen(嚴正). Dr. Yen is a very professional scientist, especially in Mars mission. He does command the Mars rover, Curiosity to execute the action programs such as acquiring abundant geographic and weather datas, analysis of the components of Mars dust and rocks.

After the lecture, I told him that I am interesting in space explorations and had been visited the launch of Curiosity last year. Then we had short conversation as below:
Dr.嚴:你是學什麼的?
Ted:Human Factors!!
Dr.嚴:很好很好~ 我的專長也是跟這個有關...加油!
Ted:真的啊,呵呵 (那我也可以進NASA嗎?)

Dr. Yen encouraged me to keep up with the good work and go for what I really desire to do-working for NASA. Then I had my NASA cap with Dr. Yen's autograph.

































Finally, I took a photo with Dr. Yen for this memorable moment.


沒有留言: